Think, analyze, design, optimize, compete and fabricate
International workshop and competition, September 2014
Phase one: Cairo 01 – 05 September 2014
Phase two : Barcelona 27 – 31 October 2014
NOUMENA & ALGORITM organize an international competitive workshop that will take place in both Cairo- Egypt and Barcelona – Spain where you’ll explore innovative design and fabrication strategies (Advanced Architecture, Parametric Design, NURBS Modeling , Optimization, and Fabrication).
THE COMPETITION will run between the workshop participants. it is divided into 2 main phases.
Travelling to Cairo
Phase 1: starts the 1st of September in Cairo (think, design, compete, and prototype)
– participants will get lectures and tutorial on parametric design, modeling
– participants will be divided into groups and start an internal competition.
– each group will propose their optimized parametric pavilions fabricated in small scale
– a selected jury will choose the best two pavilions as primary winners
Travelling to Barcelona
Phase 2: starts the 14th of September in Barcelona (Adv. optimize, finalize, fabricate, and win)
– all participants will get advanced lectures and tutorial on algorithms and optimizations
– participants will get experiences on big scale fabrication
– the 2 pavilions will be fabricated in big scale by all participants
– final Jury will choose only one pavilion to win the competition.
LIMITED SEATS (only 25 SEAT). every participant must submit his CV, portfolio, and statement of interest to the organizers by email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. In case of acceptance we will contact the participant to continue registration.
Submission deadline is 15/8/2014. Participants’ selections : 18/8/2014
Workshop and competition fees : 600 Euro